Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Murder Mystery Weekend in Raleigh

LOOKIN' FOR ALL COLUMBO'S, MATLOCK'S, PERRY MASON'S, OR EVEN
INSPECTOR CLOUSEAU'S (Pink Panther movies)....




The Oakwood Inn Bed & Breakfast in Raleigh will be hosting another Murder Mystery Weekend on June 8 & 9, 2007. Pricing and more details will be posted as they become available. I will be hiring actors to play the character roles in the murder mystery will be centered in part around a Civil War Conspiracy Theory. Guest sof the Inn will be in the "role" of detective. Prizes will be award to the person(s) who guess who dunnit and why they did it or also known as The Motive.



We hosted our first Murder Mystery weekend in late August 2006 and it went fairly well. Actually, it went very well as far as the guests and actors went. Since I'm my worst critic, I felt that a couple of things could have been better. The script in this weekend was written by me, Gary Jurkiewicz, the Innkeeper at the urging of Ira David Wood of Theatre In The Park in Raleigh. I used some of Theatre In The Park's actors and Ira David Wood himself was also in the show... in videotape form.



For the show in June 2007, I am still in the process of writing it and it will be done a little different. Once I get those details worked out, I will post the entire article on the blog. I chose a Civil War theme hoping that there is a special interest crowd, and many of them, that would be interested in this type of murder mystery. The setting of the murder mystery, is in current time and located in Raleigh. It should be fun!



If you are interested in attending, just please contact me via email at innkeepers@oakwoodinnbb.com. Or call at 919-832-9712.



I will be putting out an email broadcast to all of our past guests near February sometime about this Murder Mystery weekend package.


Gary